Here is some helpful information for you:
- To help maintain freshness, every order is made-to-order. What that means is, when we get your order, we blend your order, package your order, and ship your order.
- Since we blend and package our spices by hand, the weight of spice in their respective container could vary slightly from order to order. Perhaps a gram or so.
- Our spice blends are mixed and sold by measured "volume" and not by weight. What this means, is that if you order the 1/2 cup size, you get a 1/2 cup of seasoning, which is 4oz volume, not 4oz weight. This results in a more consistent product every time. We are required by Massachusetts Product Labeling laws to put the weight of the spices inside our spice containers on the product label.
- Some ingredient settling may occur during shipping. We suggest giving the spices a little stir before using.
- You can use your PayPal account, Amazon Payments, or your credit card to make your purchases.
- We currently ship orders via the United States Postal Service and only ship to the 50 US States, APO/FPO/DPO, and Puerto Rico. Shipping starts at $3.95.
- If you have any special requests like ingredient substitution or allergy concerns, please send us an email.
- If you are interested in larger quantities than are listed on our website, please send us an email.
- Spice labels may vary from what is shown in the photos
- We do not add any synthetic anti-caking agents like silicon dioxide, but a couple powdered ingredients that we use already have silicon dioxide added from our supplier as a flow agent.
- As you know, many spice blends can cake up or clump over time, especially if used and stored incorrectly. Most other spice companies add a synthetic anti-caking agent called Silicon Dioxide. To help reduce caking, Boston Spice adds a small amount of an all natural gluten-free rice concentrate powder to some blends that are prone to caking. This 'Patent-Pending' addition does not mask any of the great smells or flavors found in our Boston Spice blends. It replaces those synthetic anti-caking agents such as silicon dioxide, tri-calcium phosphate, and other additives that other spice companies add to their products. Rice concentrate powder is made from rice hulls that are sterilized and ground to a fine powder. The unique functionality comes from the fact that 'Mother Nature' causes the rice plant to take up silica from the soil and concentrate it in the hulls of the rice. This produces a natural alternative to silicon dioxide or other anti-caking agents.
- The best way to store all spices is to keep them sealed in their container and store them in a cool, dry, location. If a blend does clump, a good shake usually breaks it up.
- All of our blends and rubs have been extensively user tested.
- Custom printed items are shipped separately from our spice blends.
- Our spice containers are FDA and USDA food safe
- Because we are not a retail brick and mortar store, we cannot accommodate walk-in orders.
- Our facility also works with possible allergen products such as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and wheat. If you have a food allergy, please let us know before placing your order and we will get back to you.
Our Spice blends are available in different amount variations. Be sure to select the correct one you want:
- 1/4 cup in a pouch
- 1/2 cup in a pouch
- 1/2 cup in a wide-mouth screw top glass bottle
- 1 cup in a pouch
- 1 cup slip-top metal tin.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us